Last Updated: 20/05/2013
Welcome to BCD Resources NL
BCD Resources NL is an Australian listed gold producer with approximately 906,000 ounces of gold produced from the Tasmania Mine in northern Tasmania since September 1999. The remaining viable ore is to be extracted prior to mine closure at the end of June 2012.
The Lefroy Tailings Retreatment Project is planned to extend gold production until December 2012 with only minor plant modifications required. Beyond that a long-term re-utilisation of the Beaconsfield bacterial oxidation plant is being sought.
Licences have been lodged over the historical Beaconsfield tailings at Middle Arm Bay. Retreatment of these tailings has the potential for further low-cost gold production.
The Pinafore gold deposit is about 40 kilometres by road from the mill at Beaconsfield and has an inferred resource of 810,000 tonnes at 1.5 grams of gold per tonne (38,000 ounces of contained gold) to a depth of 100 metres. Open pit optimisation studies in December 2011 indicate that at the prevailing gold price, the Pinafore deposit is not economically viable.
BCD Resources NL has inferred copper resources in western Victoria of 11.3 million tonnes at 0.6% copper (67,000 tonnes of contained copper) on which an economic scoping study has been completed.
The company is focused on discovering, developing and acquiring assets such as gold, copper and other base metals.
BCD Resources offers
- Current resources of 372,000 ounces gold, including a shallow inferred resource at Pinafore
- Bacterial oxidation plant that can treat refractory gold ores and can easily be converted to carbon-in-leach to treat free-milling gold ores
- Exploration licences over Tasmania's key historic goldfields
- Attractive copper resources in western Victoria with conceptual development studies completed
- 696 square kilometres of prospective gold and copper tenements in western Victoria